Our goal at EFG is to make chemistry content less confusing and more approachable by creating games that use chemistry in a fun and inviting way. We want learning to be fun and rewarding. We create games that have easy to learn rules and at the same time help students to practice the fundamental principles of chemistry!
MAKING Chemistry Class Fun!
EFG games are designed to help students review for chemistry in a fun and unique way. EFG games also provide teachers with an alternative to the traditional methods of test review.
At the core of each game is an easy to learn game mechanic. The simple game mechanics allows teachers to easily explain the game play to the class. In this way, games can be quickly taught, set up and played in a typical class period.
Some of our games, such Chemistry: An Atom Building Game and Meltdown include review questions, which categorized by topic so that teachers/students can create a review game to meet their own needs. The large quantity of question cards allows teachers/students many game plays without repeating the same questions!
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We are an educational game publisher dedicated to making the review process fun through playing games. We all love to play games and through games we can learn. Our idea is simple: let students play meaningful, challenging games that also help them to review for tests. Our games are made from high quality card stock to last many game plays. We are proud of the games we create and we know you and your students will have lots of fun playing and reviewing!
- Our games are teacher designed and teacher tested.
- Our games require students to make decisions during the game. Strategy and knowledge go a long way in an EFG game!
- Our games require students to live with the consequences of their choices. For example, in Chemistry: An Atom Building Game players choose cards that they put into their decks. Since the cards are placed in a player's deck he will have to make wise decisions.
- Our games are designed so that students are rarely eliminated!
- Our games reward the student who knows the most material. You cannot win our games if you are not prepared for class!
We work hard to create games that are fun, challenging, engaging and rooted in content. We think it is important that students have a fun time reviewing for tests and daily preparation.
REASONS WHY TEACHERS & STUDENTS LOVE OUR GAMES:
EFG games are a fun and original way to review for tests
- EFG games break up the monotony of traditional review
- EFG games require students to think critically and strategically
- EFG games help to develop students' socialization skills
- EFG games are student-centered
- Kids love games!!
- EFG games come with online support: Video tutorials, Free Downloads, Student worksheets, Teacher resources, and more!
- The question cards are customizable, so teachers can create a review game focusing on specific topics (or students can choose the topics they feel they need to review.)
- The question cards, which cover a variety of chemistry topics, allow the teacher to use the game multiple times.
- EFG games are also high quality and durable!
THESE ARE NOT YOUR TYPICAL GAMES!
EFG games are not about just answering questions or just rolling dice. EFG is dedicated to creating a nontraditional game experience that requires the students to think, review, strategize and make decisions.
Players are rewarded for the knowledge they have and the choices they make during the game. Luck takes a back seat when you are playing an EFG game!
Players are rarely eliminated and the winner is the player who answers knows the most chemistry and applies the proper strategy.